Extended Validation SSL
An Extended Validation SSL (EV SSL) certificate offers visitors to your website the highest possible assurance that your site is legitimate and secure.
It confirms that your organization has undergone a comprehensive validation process, in keeping with international standards, and that you’re the owner of the site domain. Like all CERTASSURE SSL certificates, our EV SSL certificates use strong SSL encryption.
*EVSSL Starting @ $149/yr BUY
Features & Benefits
- 2048-bit signatures and up to 256-bit encryption
- Supports RSA, DSA, and ECC cryptography
- CERTASSURE SSL has 99.9% browser ubiquity
- Secures www.domain.com and domain.com
- Warranty backed up to $250,000
- First-class customer and technical support
- Includes CERTASSURE’s trust seal
- Free unlimited server licensing
- Free unlimited reissues
- 30-day money-back guarantee
The EV SSL green address bar
With EV SSL, a web visitor’s browser address bar turns green once the address of your site is entered.
This visual cue is a clear, globally recognized indication that your website is not a phishing site, increasing web visitor confidence and the possibility of a favorable web transaction.
EV SSL and the CERTASSURE trust seal
Website visitors rely on trust symbols when exchanging any information that they deem sensitive.
An EV SSL certificate displays the CERTASSURE trust seal, which clearly indicates that your website is secured and that your company’s name and domain name have been verified as trusted. The seal also builds trust by showing the source of the certification.
When to use EV SSL
EV SSL is ideal for
- ecommerce websites
- membership websites
- corporate websites
- business portals accessible via the web
- online banking websites
- websites collecting personally identifiable information from visitors.
Why does it take 2 to 10 days to get an EV SSL certificate?
An EV SSL certificate verifies that your company and domain have undergone a comprehensive authentication process. CERTASSURE, Inc. uses the authentication services provided by the highly regarded Comodo Group.
The 2 to 10-day window is a worst-case estimate based on the time that the process could take if third-party sources aren’t sufficient for verification purposes and the Comodo authentication services team needs to request specific documentation from customers.
What do I need to order an EV SSL certificate?
- a certificate signing request (CSR)
- basic company and contact details
- credit card, a PayPal account or a purchase order for payment (purchase order payments take 2 to 3 hours to be processed)
- a completed EV SSL Certificate Request Form.
You can also expedite the authentication process by submitting a completed Legal Opinion Letter. A sample letter can be downloaded here.